Workshops & Seminars
No workshops are scheduled at this time.
Intro to Computing at CARC
This class is scheduled at least once every semester.
Instructors: Dr. Ryan Johnson (CARC); Jim Prewett (CARC)
Free to faculty and students
• Intro to parallelism
• Tightly-coupled (MPI/OpenMP) parallelism
• Linux and (big) data basics
• Mass storage at CARC
• Remote display using VNC; connecting to jobs via ‘screen’
• Computing in practice: Environment modules
• Submitting batch jobs
• GNU Parallel for embarrassingly parallel applications
• MPI- and OpenMP-based parallel codes
• Open lab session